10 December 2008

Mon... Key

Last week I got a request for a small monkey.  I do have sketches of monkeys.  I actually have a collection of stuff/ plush monkeys.  I knew I would have to make the ears lower down the sides.  Unfortunately I did not have enough brown to make a small sized hat.  So I had to first hunt down some brown fleece.  That took a couple days, a few phone calls and a long drive.  

My first attempt I tried to keep the ears sewn with the crown part of the hat.  And after the decision of making the back of the ears dark brown instead of a completely light brown ear I made something that did not quite look like a monkey.  Which will now become know as Rye.

Rye

The second one required some extra cuts and measurements to ensure better placement of the ears.  Now I will have to work on some larger ones so that they will fit the mannequin heads.

Monkey

No comments: