12 May 2009

PM blanket

One quality I like about a blanket is softness.  This is a fleece blanket with a satin trim, which makes it soft and smooth.
 
I decided not to do the back in flannel because Hawaii can be hot.  The fleece was printed but looked okay on the reverse side.  The trim is about two inches in width.  I do not recall the size of the blanket,  I think I made it ~50 x 60, but it might have been smaller.

The trim was done over several days because I hand-stitched it and wanted the stitches to be small.  It was the first time I worked with this particular type of satin.  I was careful when cutting in to the yardage, as well as making sure I ironed and pinned it carefully.  I have done embroidery in the past, so I did an embroidered name on the trim using a backstitch.  

No comments: