03 November 2012

Special horns.

One thing that I had in my sketch book for a while was a unicorn.  I finally figured out how to make a spiral horn.



The first horn I made(unfortunately I have no picture of the horn) was a big mess.  At first I though I could just cut a strip of material sew it up and *sparkle sparkle* a horn. That did not happen, I guess I did not say magical words.  I then tried to use a needle and thread to try and fix it.  Still did not work.

Broke out the seam ripper and used some other magical words since I forgot to use a temporary stitch.  Trimmed places that I marked.

My desk had several different types of horns. Long and skinny, short and fat, green, white, black, etc... I searched my trimmings bin for large sized pieces and they became horns.  I took a break from the horn pattern.  I might take it out again soon and see if I can fine tune it a bit more.

It gets added onto my list of hand stitched items.  Which has started to grow very large.

Just the other day I caught up with some hand stitch work.  Finishing of hats and sock animals.  My pointer finger needs a rest from holding the needle.  I also broke my thread trimmer the other week.  I on the hunt for a replacement.  I hope I can find one that is like the one I was using.

No comments: