07 April 2009

A small break from towels...

There will be more towels in the collection that I have created.  But an inspiration hit me to finish doing a two colored cow.  I have what might be called an obsession with seams.  I like hidden seams, with minimal details.  And I did not want to use a cow printed fabric.  Those are only two of many reasons why this cow has been just an idea and not a reality until now.  Originally in my mind it was a black and white cow.  What I produced was a white and brown cow in Large.

Calf (white and brown) Fd

It was then time to scale it down to a Medium.  The Medium hat did not turn out as I expected it to.  A white stripe down the center was not what I wanted.  And after pinning on the white ear flaps I decided I rather have it brown.  I reworked the Medium pattern and will have to see how it comes out when I make another one.  The next one will have a color change too.

Calf(white and brown) Fp

These I am calling Calf because of the stubby horns I gave them.  Moo moo moo.

No comments: