28 July 2009

Chomp chomp!

A few months ago I was asked if I could make a great white shark hat. I sure hope it wasn't an order being placed because I treated it as an inquiry. I seem to get quite a few people with suggestions which makes me think of thinks in different ways. So, I pondered of what would make a person think 'shark' since most of my creations are semi abstract.

I personally think of the famous great white in"Jaws" and the big open mouth full of teeth. But the more I thought about it, different aspects of a shark came to mind. Working with pictures of great whites and a sketch sent in to me, I did create a hat, which I will later blog about.

Right now I am engrossed in hooded towels. So why not a shark robe?

Shark hooded towel

When I first saw this blue I knew I wanted to do something with it, I just didn't know what at the time. Chomp... an idea... a shark! I decided to go with teeth and a fin as distinguishing marks of a shark. This hood was on my mannequin for a few weeks as I pinned and re-pinned.

Shark hood

Chomp... Chomp!

No comments: