04 November 2009

SBC @ NBC October 2009: Day 2 & 3


Towel display

I'm placing day 2 and 3 together because I find that the three days are actually all blurred into one. Or maybe it is just that my memory isn't as good as it once was. *sigh*

The second day was +10 hours at the Neal Blaisdell Center. I met many interesting people. A few people were dressed up for Halloween. I also saw shoppers that I remembered/ recognized from last years craft fair. I had some repeat customers, thanks for coming back and shopping at Little frog's pond.

The day went by quickly as I said "Hi" to people, and I watched as their faces changed to a smile. Those smiles really make the day go by faster. I did get a few people saying to me "it's too hot here," or gave a 'you're crazy' look. But as I've said before I use my hat or scarf instead of a jacket. The air conditioning in the NBC would have made me cold if I wasn't wearing my hat. But it seems most of the shoppers were feeling hot walking around.

Last year I didn't see the almost empty room, since I had an easy pack up and was able to leave right away. This year as I was waiting with my last load of stuff, I got to see the curtains being taken down. And the +200 vendors leaving. The room seemed vast in its emptiness.

All the booths packed up and leaving

No comments: