13 November 2008

A Certain white cat...

You know what I am talking about, or maybe once you see the picture you will know...

I have been asked more than once if I make a certain white cat.  I have said that I would be able to make one, but nobody has yet ordered one.  So here it is, I took it as a challenge to try to make one.

I studied some pictures, did some sketching and rolled out my brown paper.  I set some guide lines on the brown paper and drew in a pattern, hoping it would turn out okay.  In a last minute decision, I am not sure why, I removed an inch from the pattern.  I originally wanted it to have a circumference of 19 inches but in the end it became 16.5-17 inches.  Seems that I should have added an inch not taken it away.

Certain

I also added velcro so the straps could be secured under the chin.  I gave the bow two crease grooves on each side of the circle.  I might have to play with that and make it to have only one crease.  Some of the ear lines might have to be adjusted to be rounder.  I think it turned out quite well for a first try with out adjustments.

No comments: