17 October 2008

Leafy leaf

Hooray...

I will start this off by telling my story of mailing this particular beret.  

Black leaf beret

I was all ready to send off the hat on Monday.  I actually had it in the envelope the previous week all ready to go.  But I knew I would have time Monday morning to go to the bank and the post office.  

The morning of October 13 came along and it was raining.  I really did not feel in the mood for walking in the rain.  I decide to do my errands in the afternoon right before going to lunch with a friend.  My friend called and said he was running late.  I thought, "Great, more time for me to run my errands."

So, I headed off on my walk to the post office.  I used my normal route, but encountered a very large puddle.  I did not realize it rained so much that the path I usually walk was flooded.  I back-tracked and took a shortcut through a little community park. 

When I got to the post office, to my surprise the desk was not open. How disappointing.  Discovers Day... okay so it seems I do not pay attention to federal holidays.  Here in Hawaii it is not a state holiday.  I believe they replaced it with observing Martin Luther King Day.  The post office closed, the bank closed...  my day was not looking so great.

Lucky me there is an automated postal service.  I started to enter information into the machine.  My phone rings which distracted me and the screen timed out.  I had to start again... oh what a day.  Not to mention that they do not leave the AC on, which made it like a sauna in there.

Here is what the hooray is about.  I get another Duck.  The beret that created the adventure for me.

Mike the sprout

Mike showed interest in having a black leaf beret.  He insisted he had a Tarutaru sized head.  Being a little doubtful I made one with the estimated measurements I was given, these were not calculated with a ruler or any measuring device.  It really was an extra large beret.  I had to pin it so I could take a picture of it on my mannequin.  

I am wondering how Mike got it to sit on his head.  Duct tape?  Paper clip? Safety Pin?

Thank you for sending the picture.  

P.S.  I forgot to say less than three Vivian for sending the cap picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooooo cute.