27 October 2008

My F.C.F.- Part two: The Booth and First day(2 of 4)

I would like to start the day out by thanking everyone that has become a Little frog hat owner, as well as the soon to be owners.  I am working on completing those hats as soon as possible. 


The Pond

The Booth
I had no idea of how long it would take me to set up so I arrived around 3:00 pm.  Set up time started at noon, but I was still sewing and running around preparing for the show.  I think it took me less than 30 minutes to do my table set up.  So I sat there till 5:00 pm (when the show started) sewing bunny ears.

I really wanted to have a bright light green table cover,  but as life is you do not always get what you want.  The fabric store did not have enough of the light green for me to cover two tables.  So I went with a light blue.  The length was about four yards short of what I would have liked. Which made me decide to also get the dark green.   It took me about half the day to make my table covers and pads.  And in the end it all came together,  because I think I created something that I liked more.  I got a pond like effect.  My hats sit on green lily pads on a pool of blue.

First Day
The first hat to sell was a black cat.  I really should have gotten a picture.  I wished I has taken pictures of the people buying hats or asked people to send in pictures.  This is something I will do for the next fair I am at.

Another person that made an impression on me was a nurse that bought a pink cat hat.  She told me about her costume she wore last year.  She had seen a T-shirt at the San Deigo Zoo of a Zebra painting all the animals with black and white stripes.  But the Giraffe was too tall to have his neck and head painted.  So she had on her scrub as her shirt and wore a giraffe head, with a zebra striped skirt and black leggings.  I wish I could have seen it.

What I enjoyed the most is how my booth made people smile, laugh,  or chuckle.  Some people as they walked by and smiled said 'cute.'  

I think I need to make a new sign,  since many of the people seemed surprised when I said I sew all of the hats myself.  Yes, it is a bit crazy that I sew so much. 

No comments: